Wednesday, February 26, 2014

How I write

      I love lists.  I love making plans.  Plotting.  Scheming.  When it comes to writing my books I have a hard time doing these things.  I just recently wrote out a real outline for all the books!  I have been working on these for years...  Like since 2006...  Granted lots has changed since then.  It wasnt until recently that I put any real work into the stories.  I was petty good at writing one scene every month, but that isnt very helpful in finishing.  About 8 months ago I started writing down any ideas I had.  Even if had nothing to do with any character or place.  I knew at some point I might need it.  I now have hundreds of ideas!  I use them to do free writes.  Does it have much to do with the story on a whole, no but it gets me thinking.  That is enough.  I have had my best ideas during a free write.  Most of the time it has nothing to do with what I am even working on!  As you might of guessed I am not working in order.  At this point it is more important for me to get to know this world and these characters.  Character development has been very important.  Three of the five main characters jumped out at me pretty quickly and the last two are pretty shy, but we are getting there.

This week:  1,228 of 5,000
Words:  18,742 of 2,812,500

No comments:

Post a Comment