Sunday, May 18, 2014

Fail Week But I Turned It Around

     so last week and the week before were not as productive as I would have hoped.  They werent very productive at all.  The last few days I feel like I got a handle on things again.  I did some math and that helped.  (Math always makes me feel better.  It puts everything into perspective.)  If I could write 2,000 words a day I would be done in 60 days.  Not so bad.  12 weeks, only writing five days a week.  I still need to finish world building.  I get distracted.  I will be working on something and have a great idea for something else entirely and have to stop and get it out of my system.  I have to write it down.  I now have multiple pieces of scratch paper with very important ideas.  I have a notebook too, but the scratch paper ideas get typed in at the end of the day.  I type them into a spread sheet of topics.  I figure then maybe I will be able to find then later and actually use them.  It is very exciting crossing ideas off.  

My plan for the week
  1. Full list of characters.  I am 90%
  2. Interviews for mains 3/5, antagonists 0/3, power players 0/7 and extras 0/6
  3. Organize notes. Evernote 0.5/3 Note book 15/26
  4. Locations Main 1/6, Lesser 0/2
  5. If I have time I will work more on the plot.   3/4 parts
World building is lots of work!  I am glad I only have to do it once.  I have quite a few* stories to tell for this world.  There will be more regions to explain but the bones will already be in place.  An encouraging fact.  

What are you up to this week?

*26

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel about world building. For me, it feels as though I will never be done. There is always something new to add, some new detail to somehow include. It can fun, but confusing and difficult to keep everything straight. That said, it's great how you plan to tell many stories within your world. You can explore your world the same time your new characters do. I hope you gain a good momentum with your ideas! All the best.

    ReplyDelete